Game 3: Into The Inferno
"Into the Inferno" is the third in the series of Avatar video games released by THQ, and is based on the third season of Avatar's animated tv show. The games will be released on October 13, 2008 in North America, Oct. 23, 2008 for Australia, and Dec. 31, 2008 for the UK, and is available for the Wii, PlayStation 2, and Nintendo DS. It is rated Everyone 10+, with a caution of violence.
In this game, players pick up (possibly from where the second game left off) and follow the storyline from the show as Aang and friends travel through the Fire Nation to end the war. Fire Lord Ozai is planning to use the power of Sozin's Comet to devastate the rest of the world and officially declare victory, and it's up to Aang & co to stop him and his armies. In-game events include the Day of Black Sun, the coming of the Comet, and the epic Aang vs Ozai showdown.
The Nintendo DS version of the game is different from the console versions (and from previous Avatar DS games which used sprite graphics) in that the characters have "Super Deformed" characteristics with large cartoonish heads, as shown on the box coverart. The background graphics are more 3D-ish as well.
- Game specially built for the Wii from the ground up
- New and improved Wii controls
- Combat moves follows TV show
- Manipulate elements in the environment with advanced bending moves
- Bending Bombs: Bend elements to use as projectile weapon
- Soar through the sky on gliders in new flying levels
- Use Appa to navigate through the Avatar world
- Ember Island: Replayable mini-games
- Super-deformed characters for the DS
- Play up to four players on the DS in the new volleyball game mini-game
There is also a special Wireless game, where players can battle many enemies "in far superior numbers" as Aang, Katara, Sokka, and other characters from the show. Those game features include:
- 10 different controllable characters
- 10 special bending powers
- 14 levels
- Face enemy hordes with up to 40 characters on the screen at once!
- Wield the powers of Air, Fire, Water, and Earth to turn the tide of battle in your favor